How to unlock an iPhone 6 Plus?
lcarneiro
Enthusiast - Level 3

I bought a pre-owned supposed unlocked Iphone 6 Plus recently from GameStop in a trip in USA, but when I arrived in Brazil and tried to work with a Brazilian carrier SIM I discovered that it was actually a locked phone. Then I called Apple to make sure it was locked and they confirmed it. Apple support told me to get in touch with you guys from Verizon who were the original carrier for this phone to ask to unlock. Please need your help, as I don't have a valid USA phone number I'm trying this communication channel, if you could give me an e-mail or the steps I need to follow so I can get in touch with you and solve this, I would be glad. I expect hearing from you. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to unlock an iPhone 6 Plus?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Are you certain it was a Verizon iPhone? All phones are unlocked from Verizon, however with At&T and T-mobile you have to unlock them for use.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You could also verify that the phone isn't stolen by using this link:

Set Your Location

lcarneiro
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm sure, I've got the receipt from GameStop with the phone original specifications.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Human error does occur. Try the link provided and let us know what happens.

0 Likes
lcarneiro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since I bought at GameStop, I'dont think so. But Iwill check it out using the links. Thanks a lot. Do vou know if the Verizon support usually check the question at the community? Thanks again.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Sometimes it takes 24+ hours.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Can you tell us what happens when you do insert a SIM card?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Verizon iPhones are all sold unlocked, so something else is going on.

Gamestop only sells pre owned (used) phones. So it is very possible this phone was reported lost or stolen and is now blacklisted.  That is different than locked But will not activate.  Verizon will not remove a blacklisted phone Unless the original owner is involved. It could have also been mislabeled a Verizon phone. 

lcarneiro
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I insert the SIM card It start's saying "helo", "olá", etc...then it identifies the network and 4G appears at the left upper position, but the name of the brazilian carrier doesn't. Then it asks to choose a network connetion, wireless or 4G, whatever option I choose, a message appear at the next screen saying: "Invalid SIM, the SIM card you have inserted in this iPhone belong to carrier who is not compatible with the activation policy assigned for the activation server. Please insert another SIM card from a compatible carrier or ask your carrier to unlock this iPhone. Please get in touch with Apple to obtain more information." That's what ir says.