How do I regain my photo avatar in messages?
powrwrap
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been using Verizon Message+ for about 6 months on my Droid Turbo. I had customized the settings so it would show photo avatars. I'm almost 100% sure that when seeing text conversations on my phone's screen that there was a photo of the person I was texting on the left side of the screen (with conversation bubble) and my photo on the right side of the screen (with my conversation bubble.)

But lately I've noticed that my photo no longer shows up on the screen when I am texting. I understand this photo is taken from my Google contacts list. In the Google People App it is the photo associated with the "ME" contact. (The same photo can be seen in the upper left hand corner when pulling down the windowshade of the phone.)

I am not on Facebook or LinkedIn so there are no synching issues with those programs. I am not signed into Google+, I haven't even set up the Google+ account. Any person in my Gmail contact list that has a photo associated with it will show their photo in Verizon Message+ when texting EXCEPT for me. Again, I'm certain I could previously see my photo when texting.

How do I regain the placement of my photo avatar when sending/receiving text messages?

--Stuart

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: How do I regain my photo avatar in messages?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Powrwrap

We are here to help! I have researched the application and have even tested it on several devices here. Each one only shows a picture of the person you are texting. We are unable to find any option to show your own personal picture as well.

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
powrwrap
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hmm... I guess I was mistaken. Thanks for the quick response.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes