Issue Setting up prepaid plan
ezepine

Hello all, I've been having some issues setting up a prepaid plan on a BYOD activation.

I started using the activation site and while I was on the "Customer Information" tab my home internet connection was lost, causing me to loose my progress. I proceeded to restart the process, how ever i couldn't get past the picking a plan stage to enter customer information. Tells me an error occurred and that I need to contact customer service. Calling the CS number brought me to a prompt asking for my Accounts number, which I didn't obviously have.

Later on that night I was charging the phone I was wanting to activate when it turned on, and because I had put the sim card in the phone to not loose it, it began to "activate", few minutes later I was notified with a Activation successful and it showed me a new number. Confused, I went onto the My Verizon app on the phone and saw that it said i had the plan, yet it there was no funds/data. I attempted to sign up for a account there where it asked me for a security code. I tried the last 4 digits of the number the device showed me, and it ended up being incorrect, and locked my account.

I called the number they provided to try to talk to a rep on the phone i was trying to activate, yet it only gave me the options "1: Use a refill card" and "2: Add funds using a credit/debit".

How can I get get in touch with a rep so I can I guess "restart" the activation or sign up process since I never could actually finish signing up for the plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Issue Setting up prepaid plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ezepine,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your prepaid activation and account setup. Please reach out to our Prepaid Support team at 888-294-6804 to further assist you.

KarenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ezepine

I have tried calling that number, but it only gives me the two options for adding funds to my account. That's it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@ezepine

Again, I am terribly sorry you're still experiencing problems reaching a Prepaid Customer Service representative.  When you call the (Toll Free) 888-294-6804 Prepaid Customer Service number, although you're only presented 2 options, try pressing the number 4 on your dial pad and then number 6 "for store locations or billing questions".  Please let me know how that works out for you.

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ezepine

Thanks. I will try tomorrow once I get some time.

0 Likes
ezepine

Tried calling the number again and pressing 4. It kept saying "were sorry" and repeated the two options. I try pressing 4 again and it will end the call.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ezepine,

Certainly we want you to be able to speak with a representative. These steps have worked for customers in the past, though the automated system may have updated. Try these steps. Please dial 888-294-6804. When you hear the prompt to select a language, please ignore this option. You will then be prompted to enter your phone number. After entering your phone number please select options 4, 6, and 4 to reach a representative.

SandyS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes