How can I get Verizon Cloud to stop downloading old contacts to my phone and UPLOAD new ones from my phone?
JSinMesa

It's absolutely ridiculous - every time I do a Verizon Cloud backup, I get a billion OLD no-longer-used contacts back on my phone, but the new contacts on my phone do NOT get uploaded to the Cloud?!  This is not working at all the way I need it to, I'm ready to delete the Cloud altogether. Smiley Sad   I wish I had the old Backup Assistant - at least that was able to accomplish what I needed it to, where the Cloud does stuff I don't want and not the stuff I need.

After 11 years being a Verizon customer, I am becoming increasingly frustrated and disgusted with their constant reduction in support.  No one is available to help, even on Live Chat all it wants to do is direct me to a web page, and I cannot find one that addresses my issue.

Even though I just got a new phone, I'm about to suck up the cancellation fee just to get away!! Smiley Sad  Can someone please help me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I get Verizon Cloud to stop downloading old contacts to my phone and UPLOAD new ones from my phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do appreciate your over a decade of loyalty JSinMesa! We would miss you if you left. I know it can be frustrating and I really do appreciate your patience! I can assure you we will get this working again. Have you logged into Verizon Cloud http://spr.ly/6586hhhq and deleted your old contacts? When is the last time you did a backup of your new contacts? What is the make/model of your device?

AmberF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Re: How can I get Verizon Cloud to stop downloading old contacts to my phone and UPLOAD new ones from my phone?
SpongeTech
Enthusiast - Level 2

The best way to do it I've found is to use Apple's iCloud. You can store your current contacts there along with other things such as your calendar and have them sync correctly.

0 Likes