Can I give my old Lumia 928 to someone who is on a no-contract pla?
xxn0thing

I recently renewed my contract and upgraded to a new phone. I would like to give my 928 to a friend, but my friend is on a Verizon no-contract plan. Can I do this?  I read somewhere that you can't bring a WP8.1 or 4G device to a no-contract plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I give my old Lumia 928 to someone who is on a no-contract pla?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello xxn0thing!

That's very kind of you to give your friend your Lumia 928. Yes, they can activate any Verizon phone on their line/number, whether they have a contract or not, to be used in the U.S. They may need to get another SIM card, as your SIM holds the information for your phone number. After you replace the Lumia with your chosen phone, have your friend bring the Lumia to their nearest Verizon Corporate Store to help with activation and see if they need a new SIM for their existing number. They can locate the nearest store at www.verizonwireless.com/stores. Thanks for posting and have a wonderful day!

LauraD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes