My screen got stuck while rotating. How do I fix it?
MrDelaware
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have no clue how it happened other than to say my son was using my wife's new S6 this morning and the screen shifted diagonally.  I've never seen or heard of a smartphone doing this.  What makes it even more interesting is that none of the buttons work now.  She can't do a power reset as the power button no longer responds.  She obviously can't yank the battery to force a reset (thanks Samsung).

Anyone heard of this happening or have any ideas on possible solutions?  We've only had our phones for 2 weeks now.  So, it won't be a big loss if she needs to exchange it and start over again.

401.jpeg

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Anyone seen a new Samsung S6 screen go diagonal?
Snn5
Legend

Were you able to restart the phone through a simulated battery pull? 

all you need to do is press and hold the power button on the middle right side of your Galaxy S6 and the volume down key, simultaneously for seven seconds.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

Looks like it is stuck in rotation, like when the phone is turned.  I know the S6 had a screen rotation issue where it wouldn't rotate at all.  Reference this thread, post 109 where "The 5.0.2 update released on 6/2/2015 fixes the screen rotation issue at a bare minimum." is referenced.  Make sure phone is updated.

Galaxy S6 Edge screen rotation issue

View Software Version Samsung Galaxy S 6 / S 6 Edge | Verizon Wireless

Install System Updates Samsung Galaxy S 6 / S 6 Edge | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
MrDelaware
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion.  My phone is up to date with 5.0.2.  I know that doesn't do anything for my wife's phone but I would 'assume' (yes, that nasty word) that if mine updated that hers would've updated as well.  Of course, I would need to verify that though to know for sure.

More importantly though, there's nothing I can do with the phone at this point.  It's bricked with that screen.  No buttons work on it and the screen doesn't recognize any attempts to touch anything.

Not really sure what to or how to get it to a more 'normal' state so I can check the OS version.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Were you able to restart the phone through a simulated battery pull? 

all you need to do is press and hold the power button on the middle right side of your Galaxy S6 and the volume down key, simultaneously for seven seconds.

MrDelaware
Enthusiast - Level 2

That worked!!!  Thanks for the suggestion.  I never knew about that feature.  Appreciate it. 

Snn5
Legend

Yay for simple fixes.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes