Has anyone else had issues with trying to get on the Edge program?
sullsandra

I have two lines on the Edge program and one line that is not on the Edge program.  My daughters phone quite working the other day and they won't replace it because it has a dent in it.. Even though I have the extended insurance and extra coverage. So I said okay, I will just get a new phone and put it on the edge as well. My daughters phone contract is up in 10 days. They said no because I had a late payment at some point. So I calculated and was able to determine that in the last 11/2 years I have paid Verizon $7104.00 dollars in phone bills but I'm not good enough to be allowed another edge program? I am so over this company. When I spoke to them about this they didn't even care. I work for a company that is huge and I will not promote Verizon ever again and we sell Verizon phones and services. Good bye Verizon and Hello T Mobile. Oh by the Way T Mobile will buy out contracts at 650.00 per line!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Has anyone else had issues with trying to get on the Edge program?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sullsandra,

We truly appreciate your loyalty and definitely don't want to see you go. Having a working phone is definitely important so I completely understand how you feel.

You mentioned your daughter's phone had a dent and we were unable to replace through the warranty. Physical damage is not covered under the warranty, but since you have insurance you can file a claim to have the phone replaced. You would just be responsible for the deductible.

You mentioned her line was almost out of contract and you wanted to enroll her line i Edge. If you reply to the my direct message I can review your account and see what upgrade or Edge option she has available.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

They have rules in place for a reason. You paid a bill late, their policy is you have to be in good standing. As someone who seems to be in the business, do you want to bend the rules for someone? What if they tell someone else? And then they tell someone else....see where I'm going? You're going to be the business that doesn't follow policy. You know what kind of customers you get when you don't? The ones you don't want; people who don't pay their bill, complain a lot and because of a policy say they are going to switch to T-Mobile. I hope you don't actually need service everywhere you go because T-mobile is not the largest network provider.

Snn5
Legend

I would either repair and keep or sell the phone or repair. You could repair it and use it for Edge trade-in, but that's a waste of time and money. The phone that quit working, was it under contract?  If so, THAT's why you have to turn in a working phone, THE phone on that contract, to pay the ETF for the cancellation of the contract.  That phone must work and be free of any damage.

Because Verizon Edge is an installment agreement to pay for equipment over time, we check for financial good standing on any account in your name. If you're not currently eligible for Verizon Edge, there's a variety of ways to qualify for this type of equipment payment option:

• If your account(s) has (have) had returned payments and your payment options have been limited to cash only, you can become eligible for Verizon Edge by paying your balance in full each month for the next 6 months.

• If your account(s) balance(s) is (are) past due $25 or more when you applied for Verizon Edge, you'll need to pay off all balances in full to become eligible.

• If you have any unpaid account(s) with Verizon Wireless that has (have) been disconnected for non-payment and referred to an outside collection agency, you can become eligible for Edge by making payment in full to satisfy the debt.

• If your account(s) has (have) been suspended for non-payment within the last 6 months, you'll need to pay your bill in full for the next 6 months in order to qualify for Verizon Edge.

• If your original activation credit decision resulted in your having to pay a security deposit which we're still holding on your account, you'll need to pay your bill in full each month for 1 year from when the deposit was originally paid.

So yes, in the end, policy is policy and Verizon thanks you for your loyal money, however, you lacked enough loyalty to pay in full and regularly.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sullsandra,

We truly appreciate your loyalty and definitely don't want to see you go. Having a working phone is definitely important so I completely understand how you feel.

You mentioned your daughter's phone had a dent and we were unable to replace through the warranty. Physical damage is not covered under the warranty, but since you have insurance you can file a claim to have the phone replaced. You would just be responsible for the deductible.

You mentioned her line was almost out of contract and you wanted to enroll her line i Edge. If you reply to the my direct message I can review your account and see what upgrade or Edge option she has available.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes