Samsung s5 "Charger not compatible with this device"
MikeJCal

So this is a newly replaced S5 for the same problem, had this one about 2 months. Now again, when I try to charge the phone with the original charger I get an error message that says "charger not compatible with this phone". I have tried different outlets and usb's. I think its time for Verizon to give up free wireless chargers to fix this problem.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung s5 "Charger not compatible with this device"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
MikeJCal how very strange to have the exact same problem on two devices! I want to take a look at that charger. Since it is not physically possible for me to do so, lets get that phone & charger into one of our corporate store locations so they can see first hand what is going on. Here is a way you can find the store nearest to you. http://bit.ly/3SdsA
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
MikeJCal

I've had this charger in store before, they said the charger charged other phones and decided to replace just my phone. But, I guess I'll bring it back and see what they say now.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

The odds of that happening seem very slim, I would definitely look closer at your charger. Amazon has an original s5 charger for pretty cheap. Have you tried plugging your phone into your computer and skipping the wall portion of the charger? Amazon also has just the USB portion of the charger for pretty cheap.

0 Likes
MikeJCal

Tried it all, but found a way to charge it now, I had the battery out for about 5 minutes with the charger on. Replaced the battery and never turned the phone on. Repeated the step 5 more times, then threw the phone against the wall and jammed the charger in the port. Its at about 30% now.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Perhaps why it stopped working in the first place. Glad you "solved" the issue.

0 Likes
bluebaby87

This also happened to me twice. The first time was 3 months ago, an update was sent to my phone and 2 days after i got that message and the phone would not take a charge. After 2 days i woke up in the middle of the night and the phone was updating on it's own on a completely dead battery. the next morning i turned it on and it worked.  on july 1st I updated the phone again and the same issue again. the phone is not charging and it went from a 75% battery to 15 in 30 minutes.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You should consider doing a factory reset.

0 Likes
NRickOehl

I just bought a s5, and 3 days later mine is doing the same thing.  I tried my wifes charger, no dice.  Her s5 charges on mine.  I took her 70% battery and put in my phone, my phone won't even turn on with her battery.  This phone is jacked.  I feel your pain.  This wouldn't be an issue if VZW didn't cancel visual voice mail for my s3.  I was forced to upgrade to a phone I didn't want anyhow.  Too large.

0 Likes