What does the lock symbol mean and how do I remove it?
eshane33

A lock icon came on today in the upper left hand if my droid turbo after I connected my Bluetooth. Never did this before, just started today. Can someone please tell me how to remove it please?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Turbo
CMHScott
Enthusiast - Level 2

Go to Settings-Security-Trusted Devices.  You should be able to turn that feature on/off. What it does is allow you to not have your phone lock when connected to a trusted Bluetooth device. The lock appears when your screen could lock, and an open lock appears when connected to a trusted device. I'm guessing if you turn the feature off altogether the icon will go away.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
eshane33,

Thanks for contacting us! Does this lock symbol cause any issues on your phone? Does it go away after you disconnect your bluetooth?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
CMHScott
Enthusiast - Level 2

Go to Settings-Security-Trusted Devices.  You should be able to turn that feature on/off. What it does is allow you to not have your phone lock when connected to a trusted Bluetooth device. The lock appears when your screen could lock, and an open lock appears when connected to a trusted device. I'm guessing if you turn the feature off altogether the icon will go away.

Hope that helps.