Why do my text messages keep getting sent to e-mail?
jernjen

My text messages are showing up in my email on my new G6, and I can not figure out how to change this setting.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: On my new android my text messages get sent into my email how do I stop
Snn5
Legend

Microsoft exchange automatically sets this up when you connect an exchange account. To shut this off select the settings function when in email, select the exchange account, scroll down to SMS sync and unclick the option.

Do you have MS Exchange?

Also on some Samsung devices:

Select "Email" from home screen > Select "Account" that is getting the text messages > Select the "Options" menu from the bottom left of the phone > Select "More", then "Account Settings".

Scroll thru the account settings for an entry called "SMS sync". This should be listed in the "Server settings" section of that page. Uncheck "SMS sync". This should stop text messages from being delivered to your email account.

Email > Settings> Server Settings > Uncheck SYNC SMS.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Superlivingmi

I need to know this too!!!   Anyone know how?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Microsoft exchange automatically sets this up when you connect an exchange account. To shut this off select the settings function when in email, select the exchange account, scroll down to SMS sync and unclick the option.

Do you have MS Exchange?

Also on some Samsung devices:

Select "Email" from home screen > Select "Account" that is getting the text messages > Select the "Options" menu from the bottom left of the phone > Select "More", then "Account Settings".

Scroll thru the account settings for an entry called "SMS sync". This should be listed in the "Server settings" section of that page. Uncheck "SMS sync". This should stop text messages from being delivered to your email account.

Email > Settings> Server Settings > Uncheck SYNC SMS.

0 Likes