When is a fix planned for the lollipop disaster?
mfindleyshaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

I like numerous LG G2 phone owners am having countless problems with my phone since the update.  My phone won't hold a charge more than about 3 hours.  It use to last all day.  Once it goes dead it takes forever to charge.  Will only trickle charge in the car.  My phone gets physically hot!  Calls are dropped in places they have never been dropped before. That is only the beginning of my issues on a phone prior to the "update' was a fantastic phone.   I nor any other phone owner caused this problem so we should not have to waste our time sitting on the phone with the help desk or going to a store to try to get it fixed or even having to trade our phone in.  You all caused this problem without me so you all should fix it without me.  I have a little bobo phone that works 100% better than my smartphone.  I can live without the smartphone...so it is making me second guess sticking with a smart phone when my time is up and if this isn't fixed asap without wasting my time...I won't be coming back to Verizon!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When is a fix planned for the lollipop disaster?
Snn5
Legend

Plug into charger for the entire process

Charge to 100% and back up and factory reset the G2

(DISABLE google backup and restore of apps and app data)

Install update

Factory reset one more time

Unplug from charger

Set up your phone

Leave G2 on until it dies and turns off 1 time

Leave off and recharge to 100%

This is my usual process and I have had no issues.

The reasons for disabling app data is due to the fact that DAVLIK is now ART and the Android Optimization process might not go as planned if you just slap 5.0.2 over the old 4.4.2.  Also, when you go back to the Play Store to download apps, they will be the correct version this time for this OS.  Also, if contacts will not sync correctly, check your ICE contacts (might have to delete those)...sometimes they prevent a proper sync.

View solution in original post

MaddieBre
Enthusiast - Level 3

So are you just assuming that the phones on AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint are not getting the Lollipop update? maybe your phone is just a piece of shit, don't get a cheap phone and then complain about it not working!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Both of you, simmer down.  My G2 is flawless and NOT a piece of cheap crap.

mfindleyshaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let me clarify!  I REALLY like my LG G2 phone!!  I know it is not the phone it is the update.  The phone was fantastic until the update! 

pherson
Champion - Level 1

What lollipop disaster?

The software update indeed is a major update but most people refuse to do the fixes that correct the phone after a large update. I've said it customer support has said it others have said it: do a hard reset. Fixes all issues.

Snn5
Legend

Plug into charger for the entire process

Charge to 100% and back up and factory reset the G2

(DISABLE google backup and restore of apps and app data)

Install update

Factory reset one more time

Unplug from charger

Set up your phone

Leave G2 on until it dies and turns off 1 time

Leave off and recharge to 100%

This is my usual process and I have had no issues.

The reasons for disabling app data is due to the fact that DAVLIK is now ART and the Android Optimization process might not go as planned if you just slap 5.0.2 over the old 4.4.2.  Also, when you go back to the Play Store to download apps, they will be the correct version this time for this OS.  Also, if contacts will not sync correctly, check your ICE contacts (might have to delete those)...sometimes they prevent a proper sync.

mfindleyshaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

A little FYI...my phone is not a cheap junk.  The phone itself is a great phone and was the top of the line when I bought it.  I had no problems until the update which as turned my phone into an absolute hassle.  I just want Verizon to fix their mess up!

0 Likes
mfindleyshaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks I will try this!  I had read it on other discussions, but was a little nervous about doing a factory reset.  I will back up and back up again before I do it!  Getting so frustrated I am ready to try anything.  Thanks again!

Snn5
Legend

Hope it works out for you.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
mfindleyshaw

It is important that you are able to use the phone and not have all of these troubles. The lollipop update was to be sweet and not sour. Before you do the factory data reset please try to wipe cache partition. This is designed to update and fix any files that may be causing the trouble. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-151610/ Once this has been done please reboot the phone and see how the phone performs.

If you are still continuing to have the troubles I do advise that you complete the factory data reset. Before competing that please make sure all of your information is backed up. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-87344/ Upon setting the phone back up after the reset please do not install any third party apps if possible to see how the phone performs.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes