Samsung Galaxy S4 problems since update
bparends

About 2 weeks ago I did the system update.  I have had nothing but trouble since!  My phone will just restart on it's own while sitting on the counter.  It locks up and the only thing that works is to take the battery out for a minute and put it back in.  Some days I have to do this multiple times and some days not at all.  I won't be doing anything fancy, it just does it for no reason.  I'm about ready to throw this phone away!  But, I still have another year on my contract!  MY husband has the same phone, he did the same upgrade, and he has had no trouble at all.  Why does mine?  I want it fixed!  And, of course, it's just out of warranty!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 problems since update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you for reaching out bparends! I do apologize you are having issues with your Galaxy S4. Software updates should improve your phone, not make it turn off randomly. We definitely don't want you to throw your phone away.  Are all your applications up to date? Anything you you have done or downloaded on to your device after the Software update? Have you tried placing the phone is safe mode to see if this helps http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-77504/ ? This will allow us to see if an application might be the culprit and not compatible with the new software.
JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
bparends

Everything was working just fine until the update.  I have not added any new apps at all.  Another thing that seems to happen is the battery gets really hot at times.  After the update and I started having lots of troubles, I went and deleted apps I didn't use.  Cleared my cache, cleared all old messages, etc.  I have not tried the safe mode thing, didn't know there was such a thing....I will have to try that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bparents,

I appreciate all the troubleshooting you've done already. I know how frustrating this has been for you. Once you place the phone in Safe Mode test the phone out for a few hours to see if you notice a difference. Safe Mode will disable all 3rd party apps and will help determine if the issues you are having are caused by 3rd party apps. Keep us posted.

JohnB_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes