Gmail sync
Seasonicole

Somewhere in settings, my phone isn't syncing gmail with phone anymore...can't figure out what setting I messed up

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Gmail sync
Loquat
Master - Level 1

My phone will occasionally stop syncing with Gmail for some reason...it's also done it with Yahoo mail.  I just simply delete the account from my phone and add it again and my problem is fixed. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

My phone will occasionally stop syncing with Gmail for some reason...it's also done it with Yahoo mail.  I just simply delete the account from my phone and add it again and my problem is fixed. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Seasonicole,

We want to see you enjoying all the functions of your phone, including syncing! What model Apple device do you have? What exactly stopped syncing (email, contacts)?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

IDK if this applies to Apple devices, but with Androids, if you have ICE contacts at the top of the contacts list with entries, Google accounts, for some reason, seem to NOT want to sync properly stating "sync will return in a moment" but all the other contacts still sync, just not the ICE contacts.  If you remove those, sync gives no error.  Could just be an Android thing though.

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

I don't have an ICE contact on my iPhone...but for some reason Gmail and Yahoo will randomly stop syncing and the only way for me to restore it is to delete the account and add it again.  And another one to add to it is that for some reason now, I'll delete and email and for some reason the Gmail server doesn't recognize that I've deleted it and the same deleted message will populate minutes later showing as new email.  Strange...

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

IDK if this will help LoquatCapture.PNG

0 Likes