Why is there little to no coverage in the Lochwood Forest area of 75218?
Zephaniah

I am in the process of moving away from here, but I recently got Verizon service for the better coverage and...

I am really horribly disappointed, at my old house, at roughly the location you get if you put 'Donore Lane and Dixfield Drive near 75218' into google maps, I have almost no coverage.

My phone may report 1-2 bars of LTE, but will be unable to send an SMS half the time, making phone calls goes to 1X, with one bar that only sometimes works, and indeed, sometimes I don't even get phone calls.

This is on both my Samsung Galaxy S6, and my wife's S6, both bought from Verizon.

Going through the neighborhood, this really doesn't seem to be isolated to just my house and immediately around it, but as soon as you get to major roads like northwest highway or garland road everything gets better.

I actually had better coverage from Sprint here, even though I moved away from Sprint because of the poor coverage.

So, what gives?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is there little to no coverage in the Lochwood Forest area of 75218?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We don't want to see you disappointed with our services, Zephaniah. We have an amazing Network Team that works hard to ensure you get a great signal where you need it, but there's always areas we're still striving to reach and improve. Do you get an error message when your text won't go through? Is the 1x specifically when you're home or also around the neighborhood? I do see the signal in the 75218 area can vary and indoors will be especially difficult and the terrain and nearby White Rock Lake can pose a bit of interference as well.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Zephaniah

Huh, my apologies for the delay, I replied to the emails but apparantly this did not get into the system properly.

To answer your questions, the 1x is happening indoors and outdoors, by the house and around the neighborhood.

There is no error message, simply a message indicating that the text could not be sent.

After some of the storms Saturday night all data connectivity was lost for about 24 hours, but it did come back for the area, though it is still quite painfully slow.

And despite the terrain, Sprint has poor (but better than Verizon) coverage here, and AT&T has good coverage, which is somewhat disappointing given that the whole reason for the switch was better coverage on Verizon.

Regards,

Zephaniah E. Loss-Cutler-Hull.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Zephaniah,

Let's keep working at this for a solution. You mentioned that you were moving away, is the issue at the new home or your previous one? If in the old home, is this a recent change to your coverage, where you had coverage previously?

SandyS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Zephaniah

This is at the old address.

And this is my first experience with Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi Zephaniah,

Thanks for the additional info! We want you to have the best experience everywhere. How far do you have to drive for the service to improve?
A network extender will boost the coverage indoors http://vz.to/IHRT6h and around the home.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
0 Likes
Zephaniah

If I head towards Garland Road, I need to get almost there to get a good signal.

I can get acceptable coverage once I get to lake highlands road in that direction, and I'd have to check again to see how it was at Easton.

As far as a network extender, due to the move we no longer have home internet service at the old house.

If the signal is anywhere near this bad at the new house we will be changing providers again, but hopefully it will not come to that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi Zephaniah,

Thanks for details! How long will you be at the old address? Are any other VZW users having this issue at the old address? How many bars of signal are displaying when the text issue occurs?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
0 Likes