Hotspot question!
Judith4yankees

Does it cost me money if I use my iPhone hotspot wifi? I have 15GS data plan.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Hotspot question!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Judith4yankees,

Help has arrived! That would depend on the plan that you are currently on. If you are on one of our More Everything plans, the mobile hotspot feature is included with the plan at no additional cost. Just keep in mind that using the mobile hotspot will utilize your monthly data allowance.

EfrainM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Judith4yankees,

Help has arrived! That would depend on the plan that you are currently on. If you are on one of our More Everything plans, the mobile hotspot feature is included with the plan at no additional cost. Just keep in mind that using the mobile hotspot will utilize your monthly data allowance.

EfrainM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Judith4yankees

How will I know if I'm on an everything plan? Will it show me when I try to connect to the hot spot if it's extra?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you are not on a More Everything plan, when you try to activate the HotSpot, you will get a message instructing you to call Verizon, or that the service is unavailable.  However, you can log into My Verizon on a PC or the My Verizon app on your phone and you can see the name of your plan right there .

mama23dogs
Legend

You mention a 15 GB data plan.  when you use the hot spot on ypur phone, it will show "tethered data" in ypur settings under data use.  There is no extra charge for using your existing data pool in this way.