Can I download a new software update in Yemen?
haithamnote4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought my Verizon Note 4 and it was Verizon Unlock. I use my new mobile and really interested in using such mobile. when the 5.0.1 update came, I tried to download the last software update available for my mobile but there is a message appear which say ' the

software update is not available at the moment, try again later". I am using other carrier in my verizon mobile which is (CDMA yemen mobile) because I live in Yemen. I contact Samsung help desk and they said it appears that the problem is because I am using other carrier. So, what can I do while I cannot get or use a Verizon SIM card in my country. Please, I really

need a solution for this problem.

Model Number: SM-N910V

BASEBAND VERSION: N910WRU1 ANII

My best regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have my verizon Note4 which is now working with other carrier(CDMA Yemen Mobile) but I cannt get the last update(5.0.1) for my software
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Appreciate all you have tried thus far, haithamnote4. The only other thing that I can recommend is attempting to update your phone using Samsung's Upgrade Assistant: http://spr.ly/6588Ct0E

This may help you install the new update by connecting your phone to your PC/Mac. This is the only other option that may help you update your phone. Please keep us updated!

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I have my verizon Note4 which is now working with other carrier(CDMA Yemen Mobile) but I cannt get the last update(5.0.1) for my software
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
haithamnote4,

I can definitely understand wanting to have the latest updates on your phone. I will have to agree with what Samsung had told you. The updates would have to take place on our network. However, did you happen to try doing the update over WiFi instead of over Yemen Mobile's network? That would be the only other thing to try and see if it would download.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
haithamnote4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I have already done that with WI-FI, Yemen Mobile's network and Also a GSM network (MTN) but none of them work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Appreciate all you have tried thus far, haithamnote4. The only other thing that I can recommend is attempting to update your phone using Samsung's Upgrade Assistant: http://spr.ly/6588Ct0E

This may help you install the new update by connecting your phone to your PC/Mac. This is the only other option that may help you update your phone. Please keep us updated!

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes