Discussed customer
Daisy15732

My husband and I have been Verizon customers for over 10 yrs. we have 4 phone lines 2 of which we do not use anymore and we have a jet pack which is useless in our house cause our service sucks. My husband and I both have smart phones I have iPhone 4s that is over 3 yrs old and he had blackberry that is over 1 yrs old. My mom is also Verizon customer and had same amount of phone lines with smart phones the only thing she does not have is the jet pack her bill is over half of what mine is our bill is between 450.00 to 550.00 every month and hers is under 200.09 also she gets emails all the time offering her free iPhone upgrades she just upgraded her iPhone 4s and 5c to iPhone 6s for free. My husband and I never get emails witb any kind of offers. I am getting very discusted we pay a lot of money and get nothing. I just inquired to AT&T the other day and I can get 2 iPhone 6s with 10gb data for under 200.00 a month. So Verizon do you care if you loose customers? Oh and I do not have time to call and spend hours on the phone with you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Discussed customer
Snn5
Legend

If your service sucks, then no upgrade or offer will help you. (unless you can talk Verizon into giving you a network extender) You should go with the carrier that offers ample coverage in your user area.

Weth
Legend

One of the biggest factors in cost is how much data you have on your plan and how much data you use. Do you know how much data your mom has? Based on four phone lines and under $180, she must have 2 GB to share among all the lines. She may also have some lines out of contract and get a $15 or $25 per month price reduction for each phone out of contract. We know at least 2 of her phones are on contract (the new 6s).

How are you getting up to $550?? Do you have massive data overages? Why are you paying for 2 lines you don't use, that is $80 right there.

You complain about the cost, but do not explain why you pay for things you don't use (I may assume you got these to get cheap upgrades, but now you are paying the price for cheap). The base price for 4 lines, 1 jetpack, and 10 GB of data is only $260, so how the heck are you getting up to $550. Won't the same thing happen at AT&T if you go over data allotment?

Your mom seems like a much smarter consumer, it is not just because she got the offers.

Besides all this, if you do not have good service at your house, switch. I wouldn't keep service that doesn't work.

Daisy15732

My mom has 10gb. She pretty much had the same as us only no jet pack. My service on my phones is fine it is the jet pack the Internet is so slow on it. I can not do my work witb it. The 2 lines that we have that are not being used where being used up until March they where my inlaws lines and they got there own phones. Verizon told us when we got the jet pack that it would give us enough HB for all the things we done well they where wrong we do not even 3/4 through the month with the amount we have. I have spent hrs on the phone fighting with Verizon over our bill. My phone and my husbands phone are both up for upgrade and I refuse to pay 200.00 for an upgrade when people are getting emails offering free phones.

0 Likes
Daisy15732

Only the service on my jet pack sucks our phones have great service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Daisy15732,

We always want you to have a great service and for everything to work like it should. I'm glad to hear your phone service is good but the jetpack should be too. What type of jetpack do you have? Does it seem different depending on your location? What data plan do you have? How much data do you use?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Weth
Legend

SO you have 2 phones out of contract. Great!, don't buy a new phone yet, but get the $25 per month price saving on each line out of contract.   That is $50 right there.  When can you cancel the two lines you don't use?  Do you have a way to get another form of internet for your home?  Cellular for home internet is one of GB,out expensive ways to do home internet.   Cable usually has an unadvertised low end tier for $15 to $20 month unlimited with 3 Mbps.  Then get rid of the jetpack and the data overages.  paying an ETF is worth it when you are paying so much per month.   You could get your costs down to $110 plus taxes, 2 out of contract lines and 10 GB

when hen you want a new phone, go the Edge route and not contract.   The cost over 24 months is cheaper with 2 new phones with Edge with 10 GB, than a contract price.  Calculate it out and you'll see.  

mama23dogs
Legend

When your in laws left, why didn't they take their lines with them?  Because they were under contract And could not?

Why are you blaming the carrier for not knowing what you are paying for and mismanaging your account?

ATT doesn't pay off your ETFs or Edge contracts.  Currently the 10 GB of data is $20 more than Verizon.

ATT phones are carrier locked and except for iPhone, always priced above market retail.

HOw can you compare your current bill to the ATT offer? 

Your comparing 2 oranges to 4 Apples and an entire fruit salad?  That makes no sense.

ATT is offering you 10 GBS of data.  But how much do you use?  Will you still need a jet pack for home internet?  Because you didn't include that when you looked at ATT for service.