My Galaxy S6 turned off over night and will not turn back on. What should I do?
toniparks
Enthusiast - Level 2

If have the phone since they were released and have never had this issue.  When I woke this morning the green LED light was on, but the screen wouldn't come on.  I can't take the battery out, and I can't do a hard reset, nothing is working.  Short of going to a Verizon Store and getting a replacement, what can I do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Galaxy S6 turned off over night and will not turn back on, what can I do?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously for 15-30 seconds to see if that reboots the phone?  That's an alternative to a battery pull.

View solution in original post

Re: My Galaxy S6 turned off over night and will not turn back on, what can I do?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously for 15-30 seconds to see if that reboots the phone?  That's an alternative to a battery pull.

toniparks
Enthusiast - Level 2

That Worked!  Thank you!

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome.

0 Likes
GEGarza

I did that and my entire phone reset and deleted pictures messages everything - any way to get that stuff back?

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, no! Sorry to see that your information got deleted. We understand how important this might be for you. Do you recall using Verizon Cloud or any other backup tool? Have you tried signing in to Google? - ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes