Why does the mobile data still show connected when the phone is connected to wifi?
ktam803

I set up my wifi and when the phone connects to the wifi, it still shows the 4GLTE lit up like its connected to mobile network also, why is that? is it using both at the same time? do i have to disable mobile data completely?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: why does the mobile data still show connected when the phone is connected to wifi
Snn5
Legend

Mobile data is still used to maintain connection to Verizon and send and receive MMS.  If there is a line through the icon then it is not actually on.  On some phones there may not be a line through LTE, only that the arrows up and down do not move.  WiFi and LTE do not work at the same time unless Download Booster is enabled.  But, I believe Verizon disabled that feature, so you should only have one working at the time, even if both Mobile Data and WiFi are enabled.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: why does the mobile data still show connected when the phone is connected to wifi
Snn5
Legend

Mobile data is still used to maintain connection to Verizon and send and receive MMS.  If there is a line through the icon then it is not actually on.  On some phones there may not be a line through LTE, only that the arrows up and down do not move.  WiFi and LTE do not work at the same time unless Download Booster is enabled.  But, I believe Verizon disabled that feature, so you should only have one working at the time, even if both Mobile Data and WiFi are enabled.

0 Likes