Problems with sending/receiving texts and I can make calls but not receive them.
binghambecca
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't know if I screwed something up during the setup process but so far I have only been able to text with other iphone users and if I try texting someone else they don't receive it and I'm not receiving texts when other people text me. I do however still receive texts from verizon. I also am having problems with calls where I can make calls fine and if they answer I can talk with them for however long I want but when people try to call me it doesn't work, my phone doesn't ring and I get no notification of a missed call either.

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problems with sending/receiving texts and I can make calls but not receive them.
binghambecca
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey! Thanks for responding, I was able to get it all figured out, it was an issue with porting my number over from my old carrier but now my phone works great and I’m very happy!

Sent from Surface

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Problems with sending/receiving texts and I can make calls but not receive them.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Oh no! That's not how we want your first days with a new phone to start, binghambecca. Were you already a Verizon Wireless customer and replacing an existing phone with your new iPhone? Did you recently port your number from another carrier? Do you know if people calling you receive your voice mail or a recording?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
binghambecca
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey! Thanks for responding, I was able to get it all figured out, it was an issue with porting my number over from my old carrier but now my phone works great and I’m very happy!

Sent from Surface

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Phew! That's great to see it's been figured out, binghambecca. We're glad you chose Verizon! There's some really great resources for you to check out at http://vz.to/13CZyfX to get started.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes