LG Extravert Will Not Power Up
ChaplainDoug

I have a month-old LG Extravert that will not power up.  Here are the symptoms:

1.  When I plug it into a computer (USB)  the LG logo appears on the screen as if it is alive.

2.  When I connect it to my Windows 8.1 computer, the LG logo appears, but my computer does not recognize it and gives a sound every few seconds after which the LG display pulses.

3.  The power up problem began to occur after I connected it to the above computer and experienced the issue described.

3.  The phone is fully charged, as it was connected all night to another computer.

4.  I press and hold the power on button and nothing happens.

5.  I have tried removing the battery for 10 minutes and replacing, but it still will not power up.

What can I do to fix this issue?

Thanks for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Extravert Will Not Power Up
ChaplainDoug

One more bit of information:

No matter which computer I attach the LG Extravert to, the same thing shows.  The device shows up briefly in device manager under "Other Devices" as "LG CDMA USB Modem" then goes away (accompanied by a tone on the computer).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ChaplainDoug,

Having a working phone is very important and it does concern us to hear you are having some problems with getting your LG Extravert to power on at all. We will work together to find some answers and work towards getting you reconnected. Had there been any changes done to the phone before this started to happen? Does your phone recognize that it is charging when plugged into the charger that came with the phone?

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
humphre518

Hi, there.  
I know this is an extremely old question, but I found it when I was searching for a solution to the same issue.  What eventually worked for me was charging the phone using the wall charger instead of the USB charger...the USB charger wouldn't work with a severely drained battery, but the wall wart worked wonders.

0 Likes