How do I make a call while Mobile Hotspot is active?
gkreager

I have a Samsung Galaxy 6, and need to make phone calls while the Mobile Hotspot is active. Right now, of course, the data connection drops when I receive a phone call. Some helpful people say I need "AC" which I think means Advanced Calling? and is a feature that Verizon can enable if I ask the right person. They also say I need a phone capable of AC. Is a Samsung 6 capable of AC? I would think so, since I used this feature all the time on the Samsung 3. I should have kept the 3! If you use acronyms in your response, please include what they mean. Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: With Samsung Galaxy 6, I need to make a call while Mobile Hotspot is active
Snn5
Legend

The S6 is capable and YOU can enable it.  It is required for voice and data to work simultaneously.

Enable/Disable Voice & Video Advanced Calling 1.0 Samsung Galaxy S 6 / S 6 Edge | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The S6 is capable and YOU can enable it.  It is required for voice and data to work simultaneously.

Enable/Disable Voice & Video Advanced Calling 1.0 Samsung Galaxy S 6 / S 6 Edge | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
gkreager

Thanks for the info, however, my phone doesn't have the "Call" option as described in the instructions provided, nor the "Video Calling:On/Off" feature anywhere I can locate.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Have you enabled the feature in your My Verizon account online?  It isn't a matter of asking the right person at Verizon, it isn't a secret, it's advertised as a feature on all newer phones.  You can ask any Verizon rep to enable the feature if you are unable to do so yourself.

0 Likes