Why is there a delay in receiving text messages from other phones on my account?
resqcap

I have 3 iphone 6's on my account.  When text messages are sent between them there is a delay, up to several hours.  There is no problem sending messages between an iphone and another phone on the account which is an LG, or between one of these iphones and another accounts iphone.  Frustrating and unacceptable.  What is the fix?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is there a delay in receiving text messages from other phones on my account?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are the messages being sent as iMessages or regular text messages between the iPhones?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Why is there a delay in receiving text messages from other phones on my account?
resqcap

iMessages

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
resqcap, Experiencing a delay in text messages can be concerining, indeed! Ann154 asked a great question of whether the messages are being sent via iMessage or regular SMS text messages. When sending text from iPhone to iPhone using iMessages; send and delivery times will vary. This is due to the messages being sent/received over a data network or Wifi. Here's a link that will provide more details on the iMessage text service and how it works: http://spr.ly/6583CPzU
TanishaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suspect that the data connection was turned off during those times when the delivery was delayed. Or the iMessages were restricted to sending via wifi only. The iMessages goes through the data stream only either wifi or 3G/4G depending on the phone's settings.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
resqcap

How do I insure that the messages are sent all the time, whether on wifi or not?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Change the settings to force the messages be sent as a text message if imessage isn't available.

0 Likes