Family Locator? not so much
JustMeTV
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a plan with immediate and not so immediate family members. 

I have on my plan LG and HTC smart phones that are a year old, an Apple iPhone 5C, and Extravert.  I can get the precise location of NONE OF THEM on Family Locator.  It says that if I can see the app in the store that it is compatible.  I have installed the app on all phones.  I made sure GPS is turned on. 

The person with the Extravert ran off tonight.  Family locator was "unavailable" and Verizon customer service could not tell me where she was.  There wasn't even history on where she had been.  Her phone was on today.

REALLY???  What is wrong with Family Locator?  Are there ANY phones out there that have it locate exactly??  I turned on Total Mobile Protection on my mobile device and BOOM,... there was my smartphone.  But Family Locator can't get a read on it?

Can you tell I'm upset... boy howdy.  I trusted VW to find the girl... and nothing.  She is still not back.

Would someone please explain why this fails?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family Locator? not so much
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
JustMeTV,

I am so sorry to hear that Family Locator is not working on your devices. I am very sad to hear that someone has run off and your are unable to locate them. I truly hope for their safe return. Let's get this locations service up and running. While I see you stated you turned on GPS on the devices did you also turn on the other locations services such as Google Location services and VZW location services?
LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

if she has her phone or her location services turned off then it cant locate her (at least that was the way it was explained to me) but i always use find my android or find my iphone the work best for me

0 Likes
JustMeTV
Enthusiast - Level 1

She has an Extravert, which is a basic phone.  I turned on all GPS functions that were in the instructions for a basic phone.

0 Likes
Skipk

Family Locator will not work when the phone you are trying to locate in connected to WiFi. Apparently no adults were in the room when this "feature" was designed. The only time our phones are not on WiFi is when we are driving. This application is completely useless.

0 Likes
CbrianC
Enthusiast - Level 1

We tried Family Locator and couldn't get it to work. Waste of time and money. Try Life360, works great.

0 Likes