Random apps appear on screen
smorgan216

After upgrading to Lollipop my screen is now being bombarded with apps wanting me to install them each time I bring it out of sleep mode. Randomly throughout the day apps suggestions appear on the screen while another app is running. Can't find a setting to prevent this from happening. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Random apps appear on screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Let's get to the bottom of this issue and explore options to resolve smorgan216! I understand that this issue started after Lollipop update. Are the applications appearing on the screen requesting to be installed or updated? Please run/test in Safe Mode http://spr.ly/6586CZvn for a few hours and see if issue stops while on Safe Mode.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
smorgan216

Hi Antonio.

Thank you for your help.

The applications are wanting to be installed. Uber comes up the most.

I was also receiving a notification that google had found that my phone was

in need of a crucial update for performance. Also one saying my keyboard

needed updating. When checking out the update button I was taken to Google

Playstore to dowmload 3rd party apps. Did not download.

I have run my phone in safe mode for a day now with no apps popping up.

Please advise where to go from here.

Thanks.

On May 20, 2015 4:50 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
smorgan216

Antonio.

Apps are appearing again. I have attached a few screen shots of random

apps. that have appeared.

On May 20, 2015 4:50 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
smorgan216

Latest app. on my screen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the additional information, smorgan216!

Just to clarify a bit, after an update most downloaded apps have to update as well to begin working correctly with the updated operating system. You may have the option of going to Play Store>Menu>My apps, and updating or installing your downloaded apps all at once. I would recommend doing this while on WiFi to conserve data. Safe Mode runs your phone without 3rd party apps, so this is why you don't receive app notifications in Safe Mode. Please update all apps in the Play Store, and see if that corrects or reduces your notifications to install and update.

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes