Why does my phone get warm during use?
AmyWiebe

I have had my phone about 2 weeks, really noticing that while on it that is gets warm to the touch..is this normal?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: gets warm during use
Platos_Cave
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not unusual for an S6 to get warm when it's working hard.  If you are downloading a large volume of data or using an app that requires one or both of the processors to work hard, it will get pretty warm.  It should cool down though when the processor load lightens up.  If it feels warm to very warm all of the time, there's probably something wrong with the phone and you should ask for a replacement.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mcblaber
Enthusiast - Level 3

It depends on what you're doing. What apps are you using or running in the background when you notice its warm?

0 Likes
Platos_Cave
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not unusual for an S6 to get warm when it's working hard.  If you are downloading a large volume of data or using an app that requires one or both of the processors to work hard, it will get pretty warm.  It should cool down though when the processor load lightens up.  If it feels warm to very warm all of the time, there's probably something wrong with the phone and you should ask for a replacement.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Warm is not unusual. When you need to be worried is when it gets HOT. You'll know hot when you feel it against your ear and cheek, plus the phone will shut down. Warm just mean it's in use, even if you're not actually using it. Shut down apps or restart.

0 Likes