Why during activation did my display go blank - sometimes flashing sporadically on Galaxy S6
Obi-Don

Was going through the setup after activation.  The display was crisp and clear - beautiful.  Activated email, then the next step said if my old phone was Android, unlock it and hold it back to back with the new phone until it beeps.  My old phone was a Droid Razr Maxx & the new is Galaxy S6.  It didn't beep, but the new phone's display started doing strange things - grayish full screen flash, other times about the bottom 2/3 of the top half of the screen would flash with a blue & green stripe.  I can't get the phone to do anything...shut off, show a display, anything...  What do I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why during activation did my display go blank - sometimes flashing sporadically on Galaxy S6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello there, Obi-Don! I apologize for any behavioral problems with your new Galaxy S6. I do hope that the display issue has been resolved, but remain at your disposal if it has not. If all is not well, please let me know if you've taken any steps to correct the screen problem. If you've done any resets, please describe.

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: Why during activation did my display go blank - sometimes flashing sporadically on Galaxy S6
Obi-Don

Thank you for your response. I called over the weekend & a very helpful woman called stores, found one that had a replacement, called the person in charge of phones at my company, made sure the store would help, etc. I drove about 40 minutes to a Verizon store and they fixed me up. No resets worked. Screen went from beautiful to flashing to totally black all the time. The only lights were the green LED & the white back & recent lights.

Now my only problem is that Verizon cloud doesn’t work to transfer stuff from my old phone over WiFi. The phones can’t find each other. (Old is Droid Razr Maxx & new is Galaxy S6.) If you could help with that, great.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi Obi-Don,

We are so elated to hear that your issue has been resolved! Transferring your information should be simple. I am sorry to hear that his is not occurring. Which items are you wanting to transfer? Do you recall backing up your Droid Razr to the Verizon Cloud http://spr.ly/6586CwOs or Back up assistant http://spr.ly/6587CwOt ?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Obi-Don

Thanks Pamela. I have a company phone and perhaps that’s the reason it said I had no rights to upload to the cloud. Therefore I did not. What I did do is upload files from my old phone to a computer using USB. Tonight I was successful in copying many files from the computer to their equivalent folders on the new phone via USB. For example:

The “Easy Voice Recorder” folder containing digital voice files

The “documents” folder containing Excel, Word, PDF & other files

The “amazonmp3” folder containing music

The “DCIM” & “Pictures” folders

In a convoluted way, I think I managed to get set up on my new phone. Since you know of no tricks to make the direct phone to phone “pairing” work for file transfers over WiFi, I don’t believe there’s anything else you can help with.

Thanks so much for asking if I needed anything else and seeking to support me with my issues.

Best regards,

Don Gilbreath

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Fantastic! I'm glad to see you were able to get into a new device! Enjoy your new device. http://vz.to/1ELu32P 

YosefT_VZW
0 Likes