texts not being received
martinibb
Enthusiast - Level 2

My spouse and I both have RAZR maxx HD phones and are having texting issues.  We text back and forth regularly but are finding out that some texts are not received.  They appear to send fine but the recipient does not receive 100% of the sent texts.  What could be causing this issue and what can be done to correct it?  We are using the standard text app.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: texts not being received
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
martinibb,

We certainly understand how important it is to be able to get all of the messages sent back and forth between you two and we don't want you missing anything. We'll work through a few steps to get this working for you. For the messages that are not delivered, do you ever receive any error messages or anything for those? Any recent software updates completed on either device before this started happening? Let's get to the bottom of this for you.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
martinibb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the reply.  This issue has actually been going on for months, but finally got tired of it and found this discussion board.  For the texts that are not received they appear form the sender to go through just fine, with no error messages, but not all of them are received.   I cannot identify if any specific updates happened.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
martinibb lets get these text conversations working again! Are you using the default app that came with your phone or are you on a messaging app that you got from the play store? have you gone into your settings to force stop the app?
BryanS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
martinibb
Enthusiast - Level 2

we are using the default app on both phones.  The only way we know if we miss messages in later in the day when one asks the other "didn't you get my text?"  and we compare the texts sent from one phone to the ones received on the other phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I appreciate the information. Have you considered using the Verizon Messages app? This app is not only more enhanced at no additional charge; it also allows you to backup and receive messages on your computer or tablet as well. http://spr.ly/6584Clia
BryanS_VZW
0 Likes