Does anyone know how to change the message setting to show who messages you
ToxicZear

I have the Samsung galaxy s4 and I was wondering if there was a way to see who texts you I cant seem to figure it out with this whole new lollipop update I used to have it where I could tell who messaged me and now its irritating the unholy hell out of me since im waiting on a message from someone then get one but don't know who its from till I open it please I would like to have an answer on how to fix this

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Does anyone know how to change the message setting to show who messages you
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I understand your predicament ToxicZear! Knowing who is sending messages to us is very important! I want to explore options to resolve this issue. What messaging application do you use? Does this happen with every text message you receive? Are you able to see the message senders' name if the sender is saved in your address book as a contact?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
ToxicZear

The messaging app I use is the original messaging one that came with my galaxy s4 where its a envelope with a letter coming out and yes it does this with all of my messages and no I cant see who sends it till I click on it and go into it. It does tell me who calls tho and that's about it but I text more then anything so if theres a way to get this fixed to where I know whos texting me that would be great

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ToxicZear,

We definitely want to narrow this down a bit further. Let's try a different texting app like Verizon Messages. Do you see your contacts when using a 3rd party app like this one? Please keep us posted.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
ToxicZear

No thanks I do not like using third party apps I strictly use the one that comes with the phone it worked fine before I updated now I wish I hadn't plus I will be ending my contract with Verizon soon

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You should be able to see who sent the text in the notification shade.