My router keeps getting stuck on "modem attaching." How do I stop this?
Forest19

For the last week or so my Netgear MBR1515L 4g LTE router will, after a seemingly random period of time after I have connected to the internet, disconnect and revert to "modem attaching."

Usually I can restart the modem and it will connect again (to later disconnect of course) but this evening I couldn't get back online. It is very strange to me, and very annoying, and I can't seem to find a resource online that will help me fix it. Any ideas? And thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My router keeps getting stuck on "modem attaching."
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

There could be something going on with your VZW connection to the network. If the VZW connection isn't strong or consistent enough your router will bounce around between the connected and disconnected internet state.

4G routers are a little more cumbersome to troubleshoot but the process is identical to what we would do with a handheld device.  Move the router around the environment and see if you can find a stronger connection to the towers.  This might require you going next door, to a public location or a VZW store to validate that the device can connect.  If not then it may have suffered a defect and should be called in for support.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My router keeps getting stuck on "modem attaching."
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

There could be something going on with your VZW connection to the network. If the VZW connection isn't strong or consistent enough your router will bounce around between the connected and disconnected internet state.

4G routers are a little more cumbersome to troubleshoot but the process is identical to what we would do with a handheld device.  Move the router around the environment and see if you can find a stronger connection to the towers.  This might require you going next door, to a public location or a VZW store to validate that the device can connect.  If not then it may have suffered a defect and should be called in for support.

0 Likes