Whenever I type on the keyboard it reads the words aloud. How do I stop this?
aott

I have an IPhone6 Plus. Whenever I use the keyboard I get a very loud audible voice predicting the word. It is very loud even when the volme of the phone is turned all the way down. I would like to turn this feature off but I can't find anything in the keyboard settings or sound settings. I also couldn't find anything in the user manual.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Loud voice predicting text
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
aott,

That definitely sounds kind of annoying for sure. We definitely want to figure this out and see if we can figure this out. This may be an accessibility setting enabled in the device that we may be able to change. To be sure, can you check by going into Settings, General, Accessibility, Speech and let's check the Speak Auto-Text setting. Does it show that it is currently enabled?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
aott,

That definitely sounds kind of annoying for sure. We definitely want to figure this out and see if we can figure this out. This may be an accessibility setting enabled in the device that we may be able to change. To be sure, can you check by going into Settings, General, Accessibility, Speech and let's check the Speak Auto-Text setting. Does it show that it is currently enabled?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
aott

Hi AdamG,

Thank you so much!!! I was able to turn it off with your help.

Amy

0 Likes