Have had good service with the Samsung Extender for 1.5 yrs. Suddenly yesterday it stopped communicating with our two phones. We have repowered the extender several times plus the router to no avail. Any suggestions on what's going on and the fix?
phillybear

Have had good service with the Samsung Extender for 1.5 yrs.  Suddenly yesterday it stopped communicating with our two phones.  We have repowered the extender several times plus the router to no avail.  Any suggestions on what's going on and the fix?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Have had good service with the Samsung Extender for 1.5 yrs. Suddenly yesterday it stopped communicating with our two phones. We have repowered the extender several times plus the router to no avail. Any suggestions on what's going on and the fix?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Got it, thanks for the update phillybear. This is definitely odd for sure. When you attempt to see if the devices are registered by dialing #48 while in range, do you hear the beeps or nothing? Are you aware if the network extenders connection is set to Open or Closed? You would be able to access this setting by logging into your online My Verizon account http://vz.to/1zCt292.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Have had good service with the Samsung Extender for 1.5 yrs.  Suddenly yesterday it stopped communicating with our two phones.  We have repowered the extender several times plus the router to no avail.  Any suggestions on what's going on and the fix?
Snn5
Legend

Another user just reported issues after 1.5 years.  Wonder if there's a connection here.

Anyone else having a Samsung network extender issue today?

0 Likes
Re: Have had good service with the Samsung Extender for 1.5 yrs. Suddenly yesterday it stopped communicating with our two phones. We have repowered the extender several times plus the router to no avail. Any suggestions on what's going on and the fix?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
phillybear,

We want you to be up and running! What are the LED indicators showing on your device? Has there been any change to your internet provider at home?

SandyS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
phillybear

All lights are blue. No change to internet provider.

Phillybear

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Got it, thanks for the update phillybear. This is definitely odd for sure. When you attempt to see if the devices are registered by dialing #48 while in range, do you hear the beeps or nothing? Are you aware if the network extenders connection is set to Open or Closed? You would be able to access this setting by logging into your online My Verizon account http://vz.to/1zCt292.

AdamG_VZW
0 Likes