S4 issues after updating to lollipop 24 hours ago.
wirespider01
Enthusiast - Level 3

First, the colors with white lettering can be really hard to read. I'll have to get used to that.

However I cannot get used to trying 10 times to swipe my unlock pattern unsuccessfully because the screen seems to not recognize that fact that it's suppose to be a touchscreen. It doesn't recognize touch. I'll have to swipe many times before it takes the first line. Meanwhile, the phone will go back to sleep. Very aggravating. Sometimes if I restart the phone it will take on the first try.

So, when I finally get into my phone, I go to do what I do most and text. Well I do my best because I use the stock Swype keyboard and it's all fricked up. It lags or just didn't put the word in at all.

It's taken me 30 min to type this using Swype.

This phone is now pretty useless to me.

Im not eligible for upgrade til next month.

This phone was great lollipop.

I've restarted the phone many of times and I've went into the start up screen and wiped the partition or whatever it's called. It's the one right beside the one that resets your whole phone.

Any ideas?

ps Samsung/Verizon,

Just once I'd love a upgrade that doesn't frick my phone all up...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S4 issues after updating to lollipop 24 hours ago.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
wirespider01, we always want to make sure that the devices are working the correct way with the manufacture software update. I do have another suggestion that we can try. You can always use the Software Repair Assistant on the Samsung Galaxy S4 as well. Here is a link to the steps on how to complete that: http://spr.ly/6581CE9J
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
wirespider01
Enthusiast - Level 3

Edit: The phone was great BEFORE  lollipop. Not "the phone was great lollipop".

Also, what's up with no Verizon techs helping out with any ideas.  Been 12 hours since I posted. Still takes me 5 times to get my phone unlocked because it won't reckonize the pressure from my finger. went to the stock Samsung keyboard.  It seems to work.

One more gripe. Why is everything smaller now ?

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Only suggestion I can give is to factory reset your phone.  This means you will have to set everything up again, but it will clean out all the junk.  It can be a pain if you are not used to setting up your phone, but can sometimes be necessary when doing an update, especially one as big as the Lollipop update is.  I hope it works out for you.

0 Likes
wirespider01
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you think this will work?  I just did a factory reset about a month ago and I'm probably still missing settings.  So I'll do it but I need reassurance it will work?

0 Likes
wirespider01
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not much confidence in your own advice?

And that folks is more proof imho that 5.0.1 is beyond repair. I really wish I didn't let it dl.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
wirespider01,

That would definitely frustrate me too! We want to make sure you have an awesome working phone. Let's get this solved. Does it work any better if you try the phone in safe mode? http://vz.to/1bPHDbr How long does it work better for after restarting?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
wirespider01
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Andrew for your advice. I started my s4 in Safe Mode but pre installed Swype still misses words and my pattern lock still takes a few times before it recognizes my touch.

0 Likes
wirespider01
Enthusiast - Level 3

Could this be a touch wiz problem?

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

FWIW. I "upgraded" from KK to Lollipop on an LG G2. And Swype became garbage. Swype was able to duplicate the problems I was having with prediction going very badly, words being doubled, spacing being removed. But you know what? Even Google Keyboard has issues with Lollipop. At least on my phone. Try the Google KB on your device.

I notice this predominately in Firefox and a user input area, but it happens in other places. Lollipop was supposed to improve the user experience. Ha to us all.

Honestly, Lollipop has brought relatively little to the table over KK. Hopefully they'll patch the devices.

0 Likes
Geezerpunk
Enthusiast - Level 2

My upgrade has been relatively painless. I did backup before the upgrade and a factory reset and restore after. The only problems I seem to have are with the Calendar widget and Touchwiz not letting me move icons around on the screen. I do run a pretty standard setup without a lot of apps starting automatically.  I am also running the Samsung keyboard app.

0 Likes