Merge Call not working iPhone 6
tomxp411

I'm having problems merging calls/using 3-way calling with my iPhone.

Here's what happens when I try to make a 3 way call, or conference call:

1. I call the first person and talk.

2. I tap "Add call" on my phone and call the second person using the contact list

3. The second person answers and we can talk. At this point, the first is still on hold, as expected.

This is where things fail:

4. I tap "Merge Calls", and one of the people gets hung up on.

This happens every time, and I occasionally do need it.

I have More Everything Unlimited, and 3-way calling is clearly called out as an included feature of my plan on My Verizon.

Is this a problem with my phone, my account, or am I just really unlucky?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Merge Call not working iPhone 6
Tidbits
Legend

I believe it is done like landlines. Someone calls you. You call someone else and you merge calls.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm sorry to see that this feature is not working properly for you tomxp411! You are following the correct steps to merge calls. Let's get to the bottom of the issue! Has this feature ever worked properly on your phone? If it did, do you remember if issue started after installing a particular application?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
tomxp411
I'm sorry to see that this feature is not working properly for you tomxp411! You are following the correct steps to merge calls. Let's get to the bottom of the issue! Has this feature ever worked properly on your phone? If it did, do you remember if issue started after installing a particular application?

As far as I know, it's never worked on my iPhone. I'm not sure if it's the phone or the service; I can try this with a different phone (one that has basically no apps installed) to see if that's any different.

Let me try that tonight and get back to you.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Tidbits wrote:

I believe it is done like landlines. Someone calls you. You call someone else and you merge calls.

0 Likes
amd2015
Enthusiast - Level 1

This merge problem is also happening to me.  I replaced my iPhone with a brand new one (for different reasons) and I still have issues.  Either everybody gets dropped, or at least one of the parties can hear, but cannot speak.  It is very frustrating as I frequently need to merge calls for business purposes.  I went to my local store and the customer support representative, while friendly and knowledgeable in other areas, had no clue how to fix this problem.  Can you please assist as this is a feature that I really need to have.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is an issue that we want resolved as soon as possible amd2015! You indicate that you visited a store and issue continues. Do you know what troubleshooting steps were taken by the store rep? I have assisted other customers resolve this issue by resetting the network settings, please give it a shot and keep us posted. Reset Network Settings http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-115065/

AntonioC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
amd2015
Enthusiast - Level 1

The store representative was unable to provide any kind of troubleshooting advice.   I have reset Network Settings and it doesn't work.  As indicated before, I had an old iPhone 6 that had the same problem.  I switched out the phone (for other reasons) for a brand new iPhone, created the iPhone as a new phone (instead of restoring the old phone) and I still have the same problem.  Please advise.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information amd2015! Looks like you have already done my next troubleshooting recommendation (restore as a new phone). Since you have done what we have listed as the ultimate troubleshooting step in our resources, I recommend visiting an Apple Store and talk to an Apple guru; as the manufacturer of the device they may have further troubleshooting steps they can try/recommend. I'm confident that they will be able to figure out this issue.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
khimelright
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this same issue. Very frustrating, need to be able to 3 way call properly for my business... Please help