I HATE the UI on Lollipop. How can I downgrade my S4 back to Kit Kat?
jlw518

Can someone point me in the right direction so I can downgrade and get my familiar UI back.  Right now the only thing I like about the new UI is the screen keyboard, which is better, but the rest of it is just harder to see and harder to use.  HELP!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I HATE the UI on Lollipop. How can I downgrade my S4 back to Kit Kat?
Snn5
Legend

Unfortunately you cannot downgrade.  Anyone who tells you that you can be weary of, you will possibly void your warranty and if you came here to ask this question, you might not want to try their methods.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Unfortunately you cannot downgrade.  Anyone who tells you that you can be weary of, you will possibly void your warranty and if you came here to ask this question, you might not want to try their methods.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

the s4 is likely out of warranty anyway, but Snn5 is correct. you can't roll back to the previous version without altering the device in a significant manner.

jlw518

No, my S4 is not out of warrantee yet, but no, there is apparently no way to roll it back.  Now, to make things worse, the messaging app no longer will notify me of incoming messages when I have the app open.  Not ready for prime time....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
jlw518, we definitely want things to get better. Are you using a 3rd party text messaging application on your device? If so, try uninstalling the application and then redownload it.

Have you powered your device off/on since retrieving the update?

For more information regarding the benefits of the recent software update on your phone, click http://vz.to/1ymAtQX

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
jlw518

I am using the Verizon messaging app, not a third party app.

I have powered the phone off and then restarted it several times, with no change in this behavior.

The messaging app was working fine until the update.

Any other suggestions about how I can get the notifications back?  Remember, they only don't work when the app is open.  If it's not open, I will get proper notifications.

-J

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
jlw518, thanks for confirming. Based on what you're saying, it sounds like the application is working properly. With the current update, you will not get notifications when you're in the application. Notification alerts will be sent when the application is closed.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
BML1160

The notifications  for emails on the Verizon email all do not work at all since the update. Not when you are in the app or out of the app. You have to manually check randomly to see if you have emails. This is been going on since the system upgrade for S4. I have tried safe mode, shutting down and restarting and pulling out the battery, nothing works.

0 Likes
jaseman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure if you are talking about Gmail or not but...you may have to turn on auto sync.

On my Galaxy S6 Edge you go to Settings > Accounts > More and make sure Auto Sync is turned on. If it's turned off, like some people do to "supposedly" save on Battery Power then you will have to sync manually like you're doing now.

0 Likes
BML1160

I am talking about the Verizon email app not Gmail account. I have auto sync set. This problem started after the system upgrade happened. My settings are set properly but since the upgrade there are no notifications. Others are having the same issue.

0 Likes