Help Needed: Samsung U410 photo transfers
Newb2smartphone

I have lots of photos stored on my aging Samsung u410 flip-phone.  The Verizon Wireless Store employee said he could transfer only my phone contacts to my new smartphone, but not the photos.  Now, I'm not a dumb guy.  I looked over his shoulder as he used the software to make the contacts transfer.  There clearly was an option for him to also transfer the photos.  So I called him out and pressed him for some honesty on it.  Yes, he said.  He was technically ABLE to transfer my photos, but he was not allowed to do so.  Something about a past lawsuit involving someone who lost some important photos.  And you know what, I get that.  You guys don't want to be liable for losing our important stuff.  But at least help us with the knowledge to transfer the images for ourselves.

What's the software you use?  Where can I get it for myself?  What drivers will I need for my phone (Samsung U410)?  And what specific directions do I need to follow to put this squarely on my own shoulders.  You sold me this phone 7 years ago.  You included a camera.  The camera is useless if I can't get the images off the phone and onto another device.  And now I want help.

I have tried downloading software called BitPim.  I have a USB cable too.  But BitPim won't recognize the phone.  I've tried downloading u410 drivers from Samsung, but can't get it to work.  Verizon Wireless.  Help me out, bud!  Help having had this phone a worthwhile experience for me.  You sold me on this mobile lifestyle, and I bought.  Now help me realize the enjoyment and don't leave me hanging in the breeze.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help Needed: Samsung U410 photo transfers
kandota
Enthusiast - Level 2

BryanS,I have not reprogrammed the phone.

PHONE MEMORY stats: avlb 14.82 MB, used 2.97 MB

After checking the above memory stats, I deleted practically all old messages, etc. & 3 pictures, leaving 1 to play with.new PHONE MEMORY stats: avlb 15.23 MG, used 1.76 MB. Then, I did the photo message send again. one photo message sent to 2 contacts (1) my email (2) my cell phone.BOTH WERE SUCCESSFUL ! I guess you can close this issue. Thanks for your assistance. It seems like the phone can't handle photo messages when there are more than 3 photos in memory, or maybe it was 2 photos with close timestamps. Logically, I can't think of anything else that would have caused the problem. Thanks again,Kal Perry

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kandota
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have owned this phone for 6 years.  All during this time I could send a photo message to my email, and the photo on the Samsung u430 would show up on my email account (which I access on computer).   I last used this method on June 9, 2015.  NOW, it no longer works.   the photo message is sent as always, in fact it even shows on the phone as "sent".  And the email arrives on my computer - BUT THE PHOTO IS MISSING.   I experimented with sending a photo message to my phone - same story, the photo is missing.   SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
kandota

Lets get these pictures moving. Are you able to send a picture message to another cellphone? Are you able to receive pictures on your phone from another cellphone? How long has this been going on?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kandota
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello BryanS,

Here are results from my testing.

+ Can I send photo message to another cell phone. YES. but they had to press the DOWN (download) button to receive it.

+ Can I receive photo message from another cell phone. YES. it pops up with the message, and I don't have to press the DOWN button.

+ How long has this problem been happening? I don't use the camera on my cell phone very much. All I can say is that it worked ok on June 9. When I tried using it on July 17, it did not work.

Here are notes about behavior of the problem.

+ when I send a picture message to my email address, the message is received in my email, but no picture.

+ when I send a picture message from my cell phone to my cell phone, the message arrives, I press the DOWN button, and it seems to be downloading the picture - but then it hangs and the phone switches to the list of messages, and there is no picture associated with it.

Hope this helps.

I know this phone is 6 yrs old. At least I have a workaround to get a photo to me, i.e., send to another cell phone, and then have them send to my email.

Kal

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
kandota

I appreciate the information & testing you have gone trhough on your phone so far. Also glad that you have found a workaround during this. Have you recently reprogrammed your phone? How much memory do you have available on the phone? Do you regularly delete older text & picture messages?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kandota
Enthusiast - Level 2

BryanS,I have not reprogrammed the phone.

PHONE MEMORY stats: avlb 14.82 MB, used 2.97 MB

After checking the above memory stats, I deleted practically all old messages, etc. & 3 pictures, leaving 1 to play with.new PHONE MEMORY stats: avlb 15.23 MG, used 1.76 MB. Then, I did the photo message send again. one photo message sent to 2 contacts (1) my email (2) my cell phone.BOTH WERE SUCCESSFUL ! I guess you can close this issue. Thanks for your assistance. It seems like the phone can't handle photo messages when there are more than 3 photos in memory, or maybe it was 2 photos with close timestamps. Logically, I can't think of anything else that would have caused the problem. Thanks again,Kal Perry

0 Likes