Htc one m7 update in Italy?
emarai

Hi,

I am an Italian guy that after spending the summer in US, got an htc one m7 for free from the previous owner. The phone is under Verizon's brand, but when I try to update the android software (still stucked in 4.1) it says me "only work in cdma mode". Here in italy we use gsm mode, and if I try to switch it to cdma and then use the wifi, it says "no connection". I also tried using the HTC Sync Manager, but after the "connecting time", the program doesn't even recognize my phone. How can I upload my phone??
Thanks a lot

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Htc one m7 update in Italy?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I understand wanting to have the latest update for your device, emarai. Since you are not connected to the Verizon Wireless network, you would be unable to receive any updates over the air. I see you mentioned using HTC Sync Manager without any success. Since the phone cannot receive the update over the air, I would recommend contacting HTC for assistance with the Sync Manager. http://spr.ly/65837KaZ

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If Italy does not use CDMA, the the phone is basically of little to no use for you outside of wifi use and the one frequency you might get on GSM.  If you want to use it for service, best to use a phone from your carrier.  As far as using the phone on wifi, no issue, but the update might be tricky since you are not on Verizon, and you haven't been able to update via wifi or software update assistant.

0 Likes
emarai

The thing is that using my carrier's sim and having the "global mode" set, I can call and surf on Internet. The only things I cannot do are hotspot (needs a Verizon sim) and this update. Any idea?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Well, looks like you're all set then.  The phone makes calls and you can surf the net.  Good job!

0 Likes
emarai

Yes, I know I'm pretty lucky, but I wanted to know how can I update the phone 😄

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I understand wanting to have the latest update for your device, emarai. Since you are not connected to the Verizon Wireless network, you would be unable to receive any updates over the air. I see you mentioned using HTC Sync Manager without any success. Since the phone cannot receive the update over the air, I would recommend contacting HTC for assistance with the Sync Manager. http://spr.ly/65837KaZ

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
destrucker

Same problem in Czech Republic. HTC sync manager works for me but can't update to lollipop throught htc sync manager

0 Likes
emarai

I just contacted the HTC assistance. Basically, they told me that there is no way to update the phone. The problem are 2: 1) update by air will need the Verizon Wireless Community, that is impossible to receive outside US.

2) update by HTC sync manager is impossible too, since the program (after detecting your phone, if you are lucky) cannot update it. Verizon has not published any of its RUU files to HTC staff. It has all the rights to lock all the updates,therefore with HTC sync manager you cannot update any Verizon device.

Rooting/hacking information removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
destrucker

I don't know how but I updated to 5.0.2 throught HTC sync manager.

0 Likes
emarai

How???

0 Likes