Why do I still see the 4g LTE Indicator when I am on wi-fi?
zmetman62
Enthusiast - Level 2

The 4g LTE indicator on my new Galaxy S6 does not disappear when I am on wifi as it did on my Galaxy S3.  Is there a way to fix this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4g LTE Indicator does not shut off
Snn5
Legend

It will remain visible due to needing a network of data to send/receive MMS.  It also acts as an indicator to show what type network coverage you are on.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

It will remain visible due to needing a network of data to send/receive MMS.  It also acts as an indicator to show what type network coverage you are on.

dm591
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah I noticed this as well, coming from an S3.  It does stay on but really doesn't use data UNLESS you have the Download Booster enabled.  Under settings, wireless and networks, more, download booster.

0 Likes
TheNatural
Contributor - Level 1

It's more cosmetic than anything, I have the same phone....plus a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. My Note 3 will grey out 4G if I'm connected to Wifi. My Galaxy S6 actually did grey out 4G for one day over the course of 3 hours and then came back. As long as the up and down arrows under the 4G symbol don't come up then your 4G mobile data is not in use. Even when connected to Wifi, your picture and video messages will go over the Verizon network because it is a network function and uses data....but not from your data plan if you have unlimited text. I'm sure Samsung will correct this in a later software update. You've got nothing to worry about.....

0 Likes