touchwiz has stopped working
dmbrush
Enthusiast - Level 2

S4 updated to lollipop (5.0.1).  Now "TouchWiz home has stopped." occurs when trying to drag an app to the home screen or when deleting an app from a screen. I've tried safe mode, clearing data/cache in the app, and wiping the cache partition with no luck.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: touchwiz has stopped working
jrmnlm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Workaround...Go To Settings, My Device and turn off Motions.  This has corrected the problem for now.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
dmbrush-
That is not a fun issue to be having at all. Lets work together to get this fixed. How soon after the update this problem start? Are any other applications getting this error message? Are you using a 3rd-party home screen application?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
dmbrush
Enthusiast - Level 2

It started immediately after the update.  No other applications that I can determine, only using TouchWiz.  I also ran check disk on the SD card mounted to my PC, which said there were no errors on the SD card.

chuckjaynes
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact same problem with my S4. As soon as I upgraded to Lollipop, I noticed some of my widgets were gone, like the Google search bar on the home page. When I went to add it back, I got the "TouchWiz home has stopped." error message.

jamal1982
Enthusiast - Level 2

if you have knox app installed on your S4 you need to uninstall it. log into knox app go to the knox setting then delete it. once you do that go to menu then setting then application manager scroll all the way to right until you see all locate your touchwiz home do FORCE STOP then CLEAR DATA and CATCHES you should be okay after that. i had the same issue once i installed the lollipop couldn't move anything on the main screen but it worked after i did that

jld422
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm  having the same exact problem. Installed the lollipop upgrade and now Touchwiz  doesn't work. Can't  move icons, add/delete  apps or widgets. Cleared the cache and data from TouchWiz, restarted my phone and it still doesn't work. What do you suggest now?

jamal1982
Enthusiast - Level 2

if you have knox app installed on your S4 you need to uninstall it. log into knox app go to the knox setting then delete it. i had the same issue couldn't move anything on my home screen but after i unistalled knox app it worked fine i cleaned data and catches for the touchwiz home app in the application manager

NsmithS148
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue with touchwiz. I've done what other suggested to do and it STILL does not work. I'm loving the new update, I'm just not loving this issue.

Al_Bundy
Enthusiast - Level 1

So that's it?  They say it's no fun but no answers?

JettsBlue
Enthusiast - Level 2

Several of my apps are freezing then getting a message about not working.  Yeah! Cha bing! That's Verizon.  Charge you  out the butt, but no fixing their software!

0 Likes