S6 Edge manufacturing defect-Verizon refuses to exchange phone
andreea_h5

I am very disappointed and upset, seriously considering leaving Verizon with all my 3 lines. I upgraded my lines and on one of the lines I got an S6 edge . 4 days later, the phone's rotation stopped working. I go to a Verizon Store, they exchanged it, I lost another 2 h restoring everything on my phone, after waiting at the store for 2 h. Next morning, I stop for gas and I live my phone on the dash, in the sun for 5 min. I come back and there was a screen crack from the upper left side corner to the middle of the right side of the screen, again, just from sitting in the sun. I go to the store again and they refused to exchange the phone, they told me to contact samsung. Samsung told me that the screen IS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY. So now I am without a phone, just got into a new 2 years contract so I can get the phone. I am seriously considering spending 350$ and pay for the early termination fee and just go with a different carrier. How can Verizon sell a product with Verizon's name on it and then turn their back on the customer two days later when that device fails ? What kinda company is this? My business is not with Samsung, they didn't sell me anything, Verizon did, and Verizon should help me with this defect product.Can anybody help me? I tried talking to Verizon employees on the phone, stores, supervisors, nobody wants to assume any responsibility.

0 Likes
Re: S6 Edge manufacturing defect-Verizon refuses to exchange phone
Tidbits
Legend

You find the same thing on any other carrier. When you left it in the hot sun it isn't nature wear and tear and is no way a manufacturers defect. No manufacturer will cover that. Just hope when you switch you don't do it again.

andreea_h5

Really? Wasn't this advertised as the gorrilla glass, super strong , that can break rocks? I have left Iphones and Blackberries in the sun for days and nothing happen. It is a manufatcturing defect. On a 800$ phone.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Gorilla glass doesn't mean break proof.

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I understand that you're frustrated but unfortunately you made a huge mistake leaving the phone on the dash in direct sunlight for any amount of time. That isn't a manufacturing defect or covered under warranty. I'm pretty sure they, like other manufacturers advise against acts such as leaving the phone in a car due to the risk of extreme temperatures causing an issue. It only takes a few minutes in the sun of a hot car to cause a problem. You may be able to pay to get the screen repaired (would likely be cheaper than paying the ETF) but if you really want to switch you may be able to have the ETF paid by the new carrier if they are still offering that promotion.

andreea_h5

Yes, that seems to be the only option. I will go talk to a Sprint or T-Mobile store tomorrow . 15 min in the sun it's hilarious, guys. I didn't leave the phone there for hours or days. And it was white. So , I a m pretty sure it was a defect. Besides that, a simple google search will show you how many people have screen issues with this expensive phone. I am so sorry I bought a samsung, it was my first and last time I will go for this brand. No screen warranty? It's like spending 60k on a new Corvette that doesn't come with an engine warranty

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Apple doesn't have a screen warranty either. If I'm not mistaken no manufacturer does. You can buy an insurance plan that covers damages but that's supplemental and not part of the original warranty

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

FYi...your car analogy...that same 60K car doesn't have a windshield warranty to cover against cracks. That would be the equivalent of a broken phone screen if you want to try and do a car comparison lol

Tidbits
Legend

If you race with that corvette then you lose your warranty if that engine blows.

0 Likes
andreea_h5

New cars have bumper to bumper warranties.

0 Likes