Why do my ringtones fade in and out when receiving a call?
Jenn1124
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I downloaded ringtones from the Verizon App, but when I get a call the tone fades in and out
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have Voice Commands turned on?  In other words:

settings > accessibility > answering/ending calls > using voice commands

If checked, then you have it turned on and the ringtone is fading in/out on purpose.  During the 'gaps', you have the opportunity to say Answer or Reject to answer or reject the call with your voice.

And as a side-note, you don't have to purchase ringtones ... you can use any .mp3 file as a ringtone by placing a copy of the .mp3 in the phone's Ringtones folder

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I downloaded ringtones from the Verizon App, but when I get a call the tone fades in and out
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have Voice Commands turned on?  In other words:

settings > accessibility > answering/ending calls > using voice commands

If checked, then you have it turned on and the ringtone is fading in/out on purpose.  During the 'gaps', you have the opportunity to say Answer or Reject to answer or reject the call with your voice.

And as a side-note, you don't have to purchase ringtones ... you can use any .mp3 file as a ringtone by placing a copy of the .mp3 in the phone's Ringtones folder

0 Likes
Jenn1124
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ha!  That was it!  I didn't even know it was on, thank you!  And I know, but I try to keep my phone clean of music - i used to put it on and always ran into memory issues.  Thank you again!

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome.

0 Likes