VZ Mwssage and group messages
tcad
Contributor - Level 1

My wife and I have identical Samsung Galaxy S3 phones with Verizon Message+ for our text messaging. I can start a message, pick a recipient from my contacts, and keep going back to contacts to add recipients by tapping on them for a group mesage. When my wife try to do this to create a group message, each time she goes to contacts to add a recipient, it replaces the prevous chosen recipient leaving only the latest choice in the To: box. rather than adding to it. I can't find a setting to turn on group messaging on her phone, or any settings different between her phone and mine. Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZ Mwssage and group messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
This is really odd, tcad. Your wife should certainly have the same functions as you with the same phone. In Settings, does she have MMS checked? If not, this could be why she's only able to use for texts. Also, Mobile Data needs to be enabled for MMS/Group Messages, as they won't work via WiFi.

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
tcad
Contributor - Level 1

Vanessa,

Thanks for trying to help. We are usingVerizon Messages and I see no setting for MMS to be checked in the settings and mobile data is on. The problem is that she can't add recipients from ner contact list once she has one recipient listsed. When she picks a second recipient. it replaces the first one rather than adding it This works fine on my identical galaxy S3 phone,.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
tcad,

That is very helpful! Let's make sure we get this figured out. Can you check the Play Store for Verizon Messages on both phones? Does either of your phones have an update available for this app?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
tcad
Contributor - Level 1

Double checked, both on latest version of Verison messages. Even deleted

and reinstalled hers. No change.

On May 5, 2015 5:21 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes