How do I restore wi-fi after the update?
babigurl069

So I got the upgrade to lollipop 5.0 a couple weeks ago when it released, I was excited because it seemed pretty cool. Ever since I got the update my phone has been a mess, everything runs slslow & crashes alot & my BIGGEST issue is the Wi-Fi does not work,I have tried all the simple solutions provided (toggling between airplane mode turning wifi off & on resetting it) nothing has worked, it will work every once in a while for a couple minutes to an hour tops then suddenly it's not working if I'm connected to wifi nothing loads, it's not my home wifi because none of my other devices have any issues, & even when I go to businesses or other people's homes it's the same issue. It is EXTREMELY frustrating as we have went WAY over our data & it's not our fault& doesn't seem fair!!! When will this issue be resolved?I have been reading this is a common issue w9th this upgrade

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G3 lollipop upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
babigurl069, thanks for those details. Some 3rd party applications can affect the performance of your device. Have you tried uninstalling unwanted applications and powering your device off/on to soft reset it yet? Additionally, try removing that Wi-Fi connection and then adding the connection back to your device.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
babigurl069,

We understand how important it is to have a fully functional device. Sorry to hear of the issues you are having after the software update. What exactly crashes on your device when you try to use it? What exactly on your device is running slow (opening apps, data connection, etc... )? In regards to your wifi, do you receive any error message when the pages will not load on wifi? Is it just the browser that will not work when on wifi?

LindseyT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
babigurl069

Just some apps run slow & close out, the Wi-Fi it's not just the browser it's also all my apps, they say they cannot connect to the server & to check internet connection whenever I am connected to wifi

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
babigurl069, thanks for those details. Some 3rd party applications can affect the performance of your device. Have you tried uninstalling unwanted applications and powering your device off/on to soft reset it yet? Additionally, try removing that Wi-Fi connection and then adding the connection back to your device.

LasinaH_VZW
0 Likes