How do I set individual ringtones for contacts?
PiperCle

I just switched from a Galaxy S4, which I loved,  to the S5. It will not let me sent individual notification tones for different contacts!!! This is a MAJOR issue for me!  I spent THREE HOURS at the Verizon store and I feel like I wasted my day! I want my old phone back if this will not have that feature.  Also the keyboard sucks on the new phone.  Is there any way to set individual tones???

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ringtones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
PiperCle,

We definitely want you to be able to set ringtones for individual contacts. Lets work together to get this working. What happens when you try to set a ringtone to a specific contact?

For your keyboard, the phone comes built in with both the Samsung keyboard and the Swype keyboard. To try out a different one, you can go to settings >> language and input >> default and choose a different one. Plus, the play store has many more third-party keyboards to choose from.

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can use alternative 3rd party apps from the Play Store that will allow individual tones for contacts and you can also find another keyboard there as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
PiperCle,

We definitely want you to be able to set ringtones for individual contacts. Lets work together to get this working. What happens when you try to set a ringtone to a specific contact?

For your keyboard, the phone comes built in with both the Samsung keyboard and the Swype keyboard. To try out a different one, you can go to settings >> language and input >> default and choose a different one. Plus, the play store has many more third-party keyboards to choose from.

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes