When will there be a replacement for HTC Sense TV for HTC One M8 for Windows?
HTCUser7654
Enthusiast - Level 2

A couple of days after I get my phone, one of the apps that I liked the most was HTC Sense TV; and yesterday they discontinued support for it.  The app won't even load now - not even the static remote, which shouldn't rely on the web service.  The directions I've found lead me to replace it with Peel Smart Remote but it isn't available for Windows Phone.

This was a useful app for me and influenced me to purchase this phone.  How could HTC just decide to discontinue its support?  And why did it render the entire app useless?  I wouldn't mind if it deactivated the live "what's on now" portion and left the stock remote available.

Don't you think all bundled software should be supported as long as the user stays on the same OS version at least?

Frustrating!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When will there be a replacement for HTC Sense TV for HTC One M8 for Windows?
primortal
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
Re: When will there be a replacement for HTC Sense TV for HTC One M8 for Windows?
Snn5
Legend

I can only tell you of my experience.  I have an LG G2 Android.  It came with VuTalk, an app that let 2 VuTalk LG capable phones send screenshots and edited photos, memos, ect... and share the screen while on a voice call.  The app was discontinued by LG, have have my suspicions as to why (later) and the app would no longer open, but the icon and app remained.  LG later released a small update within a Verizon update (very incremental and not related to the OS) that installed an app that uninstalled VuTalk and then uninstalled the uninstaller.  This got rid of the app and its icon.

My thought is that since VoLTE Advanced Calling 1.0 came out around the same time the app was discontinued seemed to me that VuTalk, having similar capabilities as AC1.0, in that simultaneous video calling and voice service was a conflict of interest.  Obviously that has no bearing on your issue, but mine was similar in the discontinued app aspect.  Long story short:  the app would be removed with a future update.  I also was not given an alternative app to use in place of VuTalk.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
HTCUser7654
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had forgotten I posted this.  I got the app back, too.  It didn't have the live content / menu functionality but it still works as a remote now, and that's what I wanted.

0 Likes