How do I get my device out of headphones mode?
kjbean

On my iphone 6 it is stuck on headohones. I followed suggestions on some formus. Nothing has helped

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Stuck
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

What specifically have you tried? Have you tried to clear any possible debri from inside the headphone port? Suggestions have been to repeatedly (7-8 times) plug and unplug the headphones to try and clear the area, carefully use a toothpick to try and clean it, etc. If none of that works and you're positive that you haven't experienced any liquid damage then you should contact Apple. It is still in the 1-year warranty period and would be covered.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

What specifically have you tried? Have you tried to clear any possible debri from inside the headphone port? Suggestions have been to repeatedly (7-8 times) plug and unplug the headphones to try and clear the area, carefully use a toothpick to try and clean it, etc. If none of that works and you're positive that you haven't experienced any liquid damage then you should contact Apple. It is still in the 1-year warranty period and would be covered.

0 Likes
kjbean

Tried it all. Had to get a replacement for iphone 6 . Its in headphone

mode. So no call alerts and cant be fixed. Verizon store is admitting this

is becoming a problem

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

kjbean wrote:

Verizon store is admitting this

is becoming a problem

I wouldn't trust that a Verizon store would know whether or not this is becoming a problem. An Apple store saying that or it is widespread in the Apple forums with official posts from Apple employees would be another story.

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Verizon doesn't actually check or fix iPhone hardware issues so I wouldn't take their word for what is becoming a problem or if it's actually a hardware issue. Apple is the best place to get issues taken care of unless you are out of warranty. Either way, glad you were able to get it taken care of but in the future you might want to utilize the manufacturer for support. Just a suggestion.