How do I stop the android system from draining my battery so quickly?
wingnut15

Android System is killing my battery, it is by far the most battery intensive process using 30% of the battery in mostly standby with light use, nothing else even comes close to it in battery usage. Any ideas what could be going on? Thanks in advance for any suggestions

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: android system is killing my battery
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like an app that either creates a lot of wakelocks or similar.  Perhaps one that isn't optimized for your system yet.  I usually find that to be the case from time to time.  Either booting into safe mode or deleting newly installed apps fixes the issue.  Even when I try Gsam battery monitor app and find the culprit, sometimes it is an app that just went wild and was an app I installed long ago.  Usually uninstalling the app and reinstalling it works.  Now, if it is a system process, or part of the kernel, that's another story.  I have found myself having to factory reset to fix the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like an app that either creates a lot of wakelocks or similar.  Perhaps one that isn't optimized for your system yet.  I usually find that to be the case from time to time.  Either booting into safe mode or deleting newly installed apps fixes the issue.  Even when I try Gsam battery monitor app and find the culprit, sometimes it is an app that just went wild and was an app I installed long ago.  Usually uninstalling the app and reinstalling it works.  Now, if it is a system process, or part of the kernel, that's another story.  I have found myself having to factory reset to fix the issue.

0 Likes
wingnut15

I have done a factory reset to try to fix the issue but it doesn't seem to fix it, could I have a defective device or bad android flash?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

When you factory reset the phone, did you have your options set to back up apps and app data?  If you did, I might try NOT restoring apps nor app data with my next FDR.

0 Likes
wingnut15

I tried factory resetting again without restore on and it didn't help at all, android system is at 7% and climbing fast. Is it possible that I just have a defective phone?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It's possible that the programming of your phone was done incorrectly I suppose.  That, to me, would mean it is defective.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I will say however, that there are a lot of S6 battery complaints, so it might be a software issue afterall, still I'd want to try a replacement myself.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

As Snn5 posted there are known software issue with the S6 line and I would recommend a replacement as most of the refurbish units have been corrected with a re-flash.

0 Likes