Lg g3 lollipop update is horrible
jarmst203
Enthusiast - Level 2

The wifi is worthless now! Every app that goes through the wifi now runs extremely slow. how long is it gonna be before tthe update for the G3 is fixed? How long will I have to deal with a substandard device? My phone worked excellent before this update. I've done everything that has been suggested to resolve the issue and none of it has worked. I know the problem is NOT my internet because all my other devices work just fine. I don't wanna hear anything about whose to blame, I just wanna know when it will be fixed. I am a new customer to Verizon and this is definitely not the way to keep a customer! The way I see it is at this point Verizon is to blame for letting a bad update get through to their customers. How does verizon plan on making this right?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lg g3 lollipop update is horrible
Devon4n6
Enthusiast - Level 2

To clarify my problem,and many others per the discussions I've seen on the forum, wifi says it is connected, but it is not working. Can't browse web,  Facebook won't update or load, no notifications etc. With wifi turned off, everything works fine.

However,  I have discovered that wifi works fine when in airplane mode. it continued working after I turned airplane mode off. This process of turning on airplane mode, wi if , then airplane mode off needs to repeated if you turn off or restart the phone.

I'm pleased that I have found a way to restore funtionality on my own and have shared with others who have also had success. Perhaps this info will be helpful with discovering what the actual problem is with the update is so it can be fixed

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Krisjen
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having similar issues. All connectivity seems to have been destroyed by the "update." I cannot maintain connection to receive email. This is a huge issues, since I depend on receiving and being able to respond to messages timely. Tried to upload to FaceBook on my device - also timed out unsuccessful. This needs to be undone!

Devon4n6
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed! I am experiencing the same inconvenient issue regarding wifi connection. Very disappointed.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Devon4n6,

We definitely don't want you feeling disappointed. Let's bring back the love for your phone. Are you have an issues with your 3rd party apps running slow while connected to WiFi? Are they okay when running on cellular data? Please provide details of your concern so I may better assist.

Keep in mind that the device will take time to normalize, generally 2-3 days. Additionally, beyond that time period there may be situations where downloaded application developers do not immediately update their applications to support new versions of the new software. You want to make sure you check regularly for any new updates for your apps in the Google Play store.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Devon4n6
Enthusiast - Level 2

To clarify my problem,and many others per the discussions I've seen on the forum, wifi says it is connected, but it is not working. Can't browse web,  Facebook won't update or load, no notifications etc. With wifi turned off, everything works fine.

However,  I have discovered that wifi works fine when in airplane mode. it continued working after I turned airplane mode off. This process of turning on airplane mode, wi if , then airplane mode off needs to repeated if you turn off or restart the phone.

I'm pleased that I have found a way to restore funtionality on my own and have shared with others who have also had success. Perhaps this info will be helpful with discovering what the actual problem is with the update is so it can be fixed

0 Likes
knoble3123
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does not work for me. However I can access the web just fine with data and WiFi on. I just cannot connect to my POP3 email unless I turn off the WiFi. This is not just at home. This is anywhere anytime I have WiFi enabled, even when there is good WiFi connectivity.

0 Likes
knoble3123
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am as frustrated as anyone! Verizon, Comcast, LG all want to blame each other. I know it is the Lollipop update, because it has worked perfectly until then. SO if Android (Google) is at fault, it also should have been tested by LG and Verizon before releasing a defective update. Aside from the WiFi issue, I see no other benefit to the "upgrade". Does anyone see something that's better than kitkat? Also, Verizon stands to make money off of us that have to keep switching from WiFi to data just to get the emails to come in. My IMAP email comes in fine on Wifi, but the POP3 does not connect.

jarmst203
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I gotta say, I called google, lg, and Verizon. Verizon was the only one who offered to make it right with no hassle at all! They are sending me another phone at no charge. They are also paying for all shipping charges for both phones.

0 Likes
marinesgt2002
Enthusiast - Level 2

My LG G3 never had any issues until the update.  I use Google play music to listen to music in my truck.  Now, it won't make it through a whole song before it gets all garbled.  I've tried taking the battery out, uninstalling the Google play update, etc.....still having problems.  One interesting thing I noticed was when I opened settings>app manager>all, it shows all the apps on my phone along with their install date.  Every single app associated with Google now says it was installed 1/1/1970!!!!

So, after spending almost an hour on the phone with Verizon, and LG their fix is for me to send my phone in to be "flushed".  So, I'm looking at being without a phone for 2 weeks at least.  My question is this:  why push an update to us without thoroughly beta-testing it to verify there are no compatibility issues?????!!!!

Totally unsat!

B33
Legend

You might try this go into your Downloaded Apps enter each App and clear its cache, hold off clearing the Data and then Uninstall the App. you might want to uninstall the Latest Version of the Google Play Store once you done that then do a Power cycle and then go back and update the Apps you use the Most and the Play Store if you Uninstalled it back to the Factory Version on the Google Play Store when you Uninstall it you'll have to accept the terms when it ask then in will open up and in a Few minutes should re-update itself..

I would try this and if the Results are the same then I'd try running a Factory Reset.. B33

0 Likes