Can a wi-fi connection be incompatible with advanced calling?
DMBWings

My parents got the S5 and I had them turn on Advanced Calling because I also have the S5.  They started not being able to complete calls and talked to someone at Verizon that claimed their Centurylink wifi did not work with Advanced Calling.  I was under the belief that Advanced Calling uses the 4G network, not your wifi.  Can anyone either confirm this or know why it was not working for them?  Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can your wifi be incompatible with advanced calling?
Not applicable

Advanced calling doesn't use wi-fi. It uses the 4G LTE network. Only video calling can use wi-fi. If you have AC turned on and are in a flakey 4G area yeah you can lose calls. If you move out of a 4G area in the middle of a call using AC you drop the call. AC doesn't hand of to 3G due to the technology being different.

View solution in original post

Re: Can your wifi be incompatible with advanced calling?
Not applicable

Advanced calling doesn't use wi-fi. It uses the 4G LTE network. Only video calling can use wi-fi. If you have AC turned on and are in a flakey 4G area yeah you can lose calls. If you move out of a 4G area in the middle of a call using AC you drop the call. AC doesn't hand of to 3G due to the technology being different.