Is there a way to increase the frequency of refreshes in the Verizon Messages web app?
AbundantSunshine
Enthusiast - Level 2

In Verizon Messages web app, is there a way to increase the frequency of the refresh? Texts are taking an inordinate amount of time to display after I hear them come in on my phone. Mostly, I have to do a manual browser refresh. I've tried Chrome and Firefox. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Messages web app refresh
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You must do so manually.

0 Likes
AbundantSunshine
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you. Doesn't that defeat the purpose a little? I have to either have my phone nearby to hear the notification or I have to continually refresh the browser tab to see if I have new texts. It's a little disappointing.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Well, you might can find a browser extension that will auto-refresh your page.  I use another app called Mighty Text that syncs with my Android and has a browser window that refreshes automatically as well as allows me to respond via small pop up window when not in browser and lets me dismiss notifications on the phone from the PC.

SMS Text Messaging & Group MMS - Android Apps on Google Play

0 Likes
AbundantSunshine
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, again. I used MightyText until I switched to Verizon last weekend. I guess I'll be going back to it.

tay2206
Enthusiast - Level 1

Inbox

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Please elaborate.

0 Likes
But-theycango2themoon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try the "Enable Desktop Notifications" feature (it is usually a link located at the top of your screen on web messaging). I say this because my Smartphone screen broke yesterday morning after I (apparently for the last time) dropped it onto the concrete floor. Having no way to use my phone, I logged onto web messaging so I could at least send and receive texts while I'm at home which turned out to be most of the day and while texting I noticed I would see the text on my screen approx. 4-5 seconds before my phones new text notification sounded. Not once over the course of about 4 hours (computer at idle or not) did I hit the refresh button. Also, anytime a text came in, my desktop would make a notification sound and if I was not currently viewing my messages but working on another window, the text message would show in a small window at the bottom right of my screen where I could read it without stopping what I was doing.

I can only think the reason I didn't have to refresh would be due to the "desktop notifications" feature.

This is why I love Verizon, the convenience of  the web messaging is priceless. I love how it saves all your texts even when deleted from your phone. Amazing to me.

0 Likes
AbundantSunshine
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I'll try that. The refresh rate seems to be dependent on something else. Sometimes, it's as you said, faster than my phone. Sometimes, I hear my phone chime and the text doesn't come in until I manually refresh.

I'll try the desktop notifications options for a while and see how that goes. I am enjoying Verizon Messages now more than MightyText. Mostly because my phone doesn't need reception or power in order for me to use the browser or tablet apps.